Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I voted McCain/Palin








So, here we are. Post number two. I'm still dumbfounded how to work this thing, but maybe if I put more than a few minutes into it I'll eventually figure it out.







We stayed up last night watching the election results. I made a sweet potato Moroccan chicken dish for the occasion, though I was too busy watching TV and it was difficult to finish making the meal, but it happened and Kim liked it.


The election results were pretty hard to watch, although we all expected it. It was amazing to see the crowd reaction to Obama at Grant Park in Chicago. People crying, saying, "Yes we can!" over and over again, almost like a gospel chant of sorts. I haven't bought into Obama, and I didn't vote for him. Think I'll be labeled racist? Think I'll be ridiculed for my conservative beliefs over time? Hey, I want change just like everyone else and I'm ready for a new president, just not Obama. The main reason? His abortion stance. End of story. What's more amazing to me is how Christians can support our President Elect even when his stance on abortion is, well...pro-choice! What? Do these people NOT see what is REALLY the single most important factor about this? If someone doesn't value life (and I say this because that's what it really is), then how can they value anything? It's the dumbing down of our societies morals...doesn't that scare you? Listen, Obama scares me and so does McCain, but at least McCain and Palin stood for a factor of morality. Yes they are politicians and more than likely corrupt, but really, who cares! Does it matter? Does it really matter as long as they back the notion that abortion is murder and not someones individual right? Like water, fire and earth, life is the fundamental landmark of society and mankind, and this reality is slowly floating away from current thought...does that not scare you?


As Christians, or anyone who believes in the right to life, how can they support Obama? Isn't that a double standard? Maybe he's got some good ideas that people like and he seems like nice guy who can liven up a crowd, but really, really, really, look inside and ask yourself a DEEPER question, one that goes beyond our economy, that goes beyond the housing disaster, that goes beyond the Iraq war..do you get it yet? If we don't value life how can we value anything at all? More importantly, how is the right to life less important than the economy and the war in Iraq? How can they put this issue on the back burner as if it's not there? Yeah, the economy is terrible and I want out of this horrible war, but really...you've just elected someone who wants to make abortion even MORE accessible (I wonder if they even know what the Freedom of Choice Act is, or what President Elect Obama's stance is on it...) Look at what happened in the state of Washington yesterday. Euthanasia is now legal in Washington and Oregon now. Does that not scare you? Please, think about this, and then think some more and when your done thinking about it, re-read this post...and then think some more. We have become a society of personal freedoms. "It's my body, it's my dying grandfather, it's my increased financial burden..." It's all about me anymore in our nation, and it's pretty scary. Anything goes anymore, including murder. Abortion is not a woman's or man's issue, it's a mankind issue. If people, especially Christians, can't see this, then truly, hope is lost.









.

5 comments:

My Three Sons said...

that is a long ass name to tell people what your blogspot is. nothingfancyouttherebutwerock - i would expect nothing less Josh. :)
Way to go about putting your views out there, i'm with ya. If you need help with your blog - i'll help you with what i know! peace out.

Carrie McCoy said...

Amen Josh! Nicely stated!
Nice to see you in the blogging world. Keep up on it...I am not the most computer savy person (it probably makes Sam sad) but I even figured it out!

Unknown said...

Hope is never lost my friend. Not as long as we're still alive. People are freaking nuts in this world, but there was still a HUGE amount of people who did NOT vote for Obama. I think the difference was 8 million. Which seems like a lot, but voter turn out was also 60 some percent. Obama had strong enough supporters to get 64 million, McCain 57 million. I don't know, when the numbers are put together, it's not so disheartening. Hope is not lost.

Don't worry, I'm not going to write on here every time you blog!

Sarah Burkett said...

Hey Josh and Kim!
It's great to see your blog! I found it from Natalie's blog. Your daughter Jane is adorable - congratulations and enjoy every minute!

I hope life in AK is treating you well ~
Sarah

The Knight Family said...

LOVE the fact that more Alaskans are blogging! I see that Hannah has joined the ranks as well. Sweet. Make sure you add lots of pictures of Jane; she is adorable.